Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The gun

I've been researching armor prices and it's a pretty steep price to start-$500 will get you the body kit (everything below the neck), and that's quite a lot to drop at once. I pondered saving for it but then I came across a "Stormtrooper Blaster" in the toy aisle at Target. From my armor research I knew that these toy guns are used as bases for further modification. Since I hadn't seen that toy in stores since I was a kid, I asked around at the White Armor forums. As it turns out, those same blasters retail for 80 dollars on Amazon, and are all-around pretty hard to find. So I went back to Target and snapped it up!



Now that I have the "base," the next step will be to get the kit for the further modifications. As of now, I think the plan will be to buy a E-11 Blaster Resin Kit. I also need to find out which paints, glues, and tools I'll need to put it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment